10.26.2008

A Good Day

Hey Everyone,

Weeks of hard work, months of planning, years of waiting and yesterday was finally the day, the day many had been waiting for. The youngest daughter of Emory and Beverly Goodman the youngest sister of Joshua and Jennifer Goodman was given in marriage. It was a good day!!! But as I sit here in the after thought considering the past few days, days filled with both highs and lows. My sister got married and my best friend from childhood suffered the loss of his baby Madeline... As I stood under the stars watching Jessica get married, I looked up and realized that from my point of view I could not see the picture of my mom that had been placed on a chair with some roses to honor her. I adjusted my head with a slight tilt and my eyes locked with hers in the photograph. Suddenly feelings that had not seen the light of day came rushing in from the pit of my stomach to a breaking heart moving upward to a lump in my throat, quivering chin then finally tears of grief and pain at the loss of my mother. I found my self standing at a grave and looking down into a hole, a hole I had not looked into for years. The wind on my face, tears flowing from my eyes, night skies above... has it really been so many years. She would have enjoyed yesterday, she would have added a grace to the moment, a breath of fresh air and this day she was missed by many but most of all by me.

PJ

God Bless

No comments: