1.12.2009

Being Me

You created me in Your image and Your ways.
You know my ends and outs, and those things bring You praise.
Before I was formed in my mother’s womb
Before my eyes beheld the light of day
You knew all about me and you made me anyway.
Though You knew I’d sometimes struggle to listen to Your voice,
With all the others around me I often made the wrong choice.
Even though I’ve often questioned the skin You put me in
Even though I’ve run from You into the arms of sin.
Sometimes I look to others to compare my life to them
When all the time You’re showing me Your Son and saying, ‘Compare your life to Him.’
Lord, I know you love me and I believe You when You say that You will always be there for me but I must seek Your face.
Let me compare my life to Yours and not to those of my peers
For just as I stray often so have they because of all their fears-
Fears of being alone, fears of the unknown
Fears of being the only one to stand before Your throne.
I know they’ve faced these questions for I, myself, have too.
But I’ve received the answers straight from God it’s true.
You love me just the same when I fall and when I stand.
You’ve created me in Your image and likeness even though I’m just a man.
You think about me often and guide me in Your ways
You’ve given me all power and authority because Your name I praise.
You’ve laid a foundation for my life and given Your guidebook too
So I can make the decisions to live my life for You.
Now that I know these things, now that I know Your ways,
Now I can be comfortable living all my days; just to bring You worship
Just to give You praise
Knowing that Your love’s amazing guiding all my days.
You created me. You formed me and made me just like You
It’s my duty and my honor to live my life for You.
written by Taronya Peek

No comments: