9.10.2009

Paul is the man

Wow!!! As I read our daily Bible reading, I am once again reading Paul's boasting. It's insane!!! Even Paul says,"I am speaking as a fool". Then he goes on this rampage of the many exploits he'd encountered. "I've worked harder, been in prison more, been beaten with rods, stoned, shipwrecked"... The list goes on and on! I really suggest you check it out its in II Cor. 11 towards the end of the chapter. As I read his words, I couldn't help but think of the letter I wrote to you yesterday. You remember, I spoke of being in love and how there's nothing you wouldn't do for the one your in love with. Man, all of us say we love Jesus like that, but I don't know any of us with a resume like that. That's the life, the love of a man crazy about Jesus. Not just a man that spoke words of love, but a man that made it happen.
The story of the stewards really makes a good point. There where three guys all given different amounts of money. Two of them went out and made something happen. In a place where there was nothing they produced something. No excuses, they did what had to be done to produce the results. Many talk about there love, but I think love is like faith, that is where there is no action it's dead. Stinky, dead love.
I think of all the words I've spoken to God, that where nothing but gas, a lot of hot air. Do I mean them? Yes! Are they passionate? Yes! But I want my words to be more than words, more than feelings. I want them to be my action, I want them to tell the story of my life. I want that story to be a love story filled with adventure and action. Not just hot air!!!

Love ya

PJ

No comments: