3.17.2009

I caught a glimpse today

I caught a glimpse of salvation today. So many days and in so many ways we walk through life with no real grasp of salvation. The joy that should be experienced, the love and greatness of it all. Our modern day church life falls well short of what God has for us, not just in heaven but right now. We've all heard the story of the prodigal son. The son that left his fathers house with his pockets full of cash only to waste it all on a sinful life. Many have heard this story and all have lived it in one way or another. All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. You have, I have we all have. We still sin and continue to fall short, saved or not. Those that have received salvation have made the walk home to their Father, fallen to His feet and said I'm not worthy to be your son, please take me as your servant. Our lives carry many similarities to this story. How about the Fathers response? He says, "bring the best robe, put it on my son, shoes for his feet and a ring for his hand!!! Come let us celebrate, kill the fatted calf" and this is the part that caught me today, "my son I thought was dead is now alive." That is such a powerful thing as a father to believe one of your children is dead.
Sunday night Amber and I thought we lost the baby she is pregnant with... We knew or at least we thought we knew. We have 5 children and have gotten pretty good at this, we know what to expect and when to expect it. That was until Sunday night. You never think it will happen to you. Tragedy never comes when you are expecting it. It sneaks up on you at 1am in the morning when your dead asleep. What could we do, we cried, allot, we prayed allot and we set our minds to praise God no matter the situation. Today we went to the doctor only to confirm what we already knew and to be sure Amber was alright. They had to run all the test then do and ultrasound. I was like the father in the prodigal son sitting on his porch. Suddenly and image came up on the screen and then that ba-bump, ba-bump that I knew was a heart beat. Amber and I began to cry shamelessly as the one we thought was dead was alive. Tears of such overwhelming joy. I think today I caught a glimpse of salvation.

Love ya


PJ

1 comment:

Brooks said...

God is so incredibly awesome!!