3.14.2009

Read it!!!

Man, today's Bible reading from Psalm 57 is amazing... God is my place of rest in the midst of the hurricane. Even when the lions come and desire to eat me, you send orders from heaven and save me. God soar high in the sky fill the whole earth with your Glory... I will call my soul to awaken, my mouth, my voice all of me will sing. You know that in order to praise God like this in order to call out such a depth and passion from inside of you, you have to have been through some stuff. The kinda stuff that when you get out of it you fall to your knees and weep tears of such joy, and love and thankfulness. Like a mother that thought her baby was gonna die and then they live, or the news that the lump was not cancer or you walk away from a car crash that should have killed you. Thats the kinda stuff that causes you to reach into the very depths of your being and praise with such a pure love. Its not the generic stuff that we often offer on Sunday mornings when the mood, tempo and sound all have to be just right. When real praise, pure praise starts to happen nothing else matters only that I voice some measure of what is going on inside of me because if I don't I will explode. I want to touch the heart of God Like Ps. 57 has touched my heart. If only we worried about touching the heart of God and ministering Him as we do appealing to people.
In the Old Testament services revolved around God. Not how can we get more people, make them more comfortable so they'll come back... I could go on but I better stop.

Also the Carr's live at 7pm EST.


Love ya

PJ

No comments: