3.13.2009

I've repented

One of the definitions of repent is to think differently... A few days ago I was questioning my ability to endure the book of Numbers. But wow!!! Here I am now eat'n it like sushi on a Saturday night. Most people don't like sushi, they won't even try it... The book of Numbers is hard to feast on the first few chapters but now like I said WOW!!!
Yesterday's reading told of Aaron running to take his censer and wave it before the Lord between the living and the dead. In essence he was drawing a line and saying to this plague of death, "You will not pass". Much like Gandolf in the Lord of the Rings, when he faces off with the fiery beast from the underworld. This story of Aaron is found in Numbers 16. Moses spoke to Aaron and told him to fill his censer and make atonement for the congregation. These where the same ones that wanted to kill Moses and Aaron. With out a moment to lose Aaron takes his stand. Get the picture, people are dropping like flies from this killer plague. (like some 1970's horror movie) These plagued people had just been trying to kill Aaron and out he comes to save them. I highly recommend you go back and check the story out. I want to be like Aaron, run out among the sinners of this world and draw a line that says... "Death, abortion, homosexuality, abominations, sin, and lust you are not allowed to go any farther... You've raped my people, land, city and county and that stops NOW!!!" I will stand between the living and the dead, between the porch and the altar, I will humble myself and pray, I will fast, I will cry out for the salvation and redemption of Fayetteville.

Love ya

PJ

No comments: