4.21.2009

Acts 1 is before Acts 2...

We long for another Pentecost... For the Lord to bust out with a suddenly, a BAM. Something like what Isaiah had in chapter 6 of his book or Like what Elijah had atop Mt. Carmel. That thing that the 120 experienced in the upper room. We desire heaven to bust out with a sound like a mighty wind, that fills our whole house. Tongues of fire to sit on us...
Now just wait a minute, I have to stop for a little time-out... This is some freaky stuff. If God showed up in any given church like this on a Sunday it would really mess up the way we do things. The whole game plan would be thrown out the window. Often times when the plan is thrown out the religious quickly leave with it. In their place comes the freaks. Those who seek out the para-normal, the super natural. You know the weirdos...
So that's what we say we want... Hey you know me I'm down with it. Bring on the wind, fire and freaks... (Time-in)
So we know that one comes before two and if chapter two is our desire then maybe we should take a look at what chapter one contained. Acts 1:12-15 talks about 120 of them coming together continually to pray. We know they where all in one accord praying for a long period of time when God broke out from the heavens. I lack all three of these things in my life.
#1. I need to work at being in one accord. Building up, not tearing down my brother, devoting myself to his destiny. Loving him not hating.
#2. Pray, Pray, Pray. Our prayer life should reflect an intimacy, love and passion for our creator.
#3. They where in continues prayer for 120 days. That's a long time. Some friends and I are almost done with a 40 day period where we've prayed daily from 5-am. This is not easy. Of course non of this is.
Continuous prayer in one accord was the prequel to the promise. Yet many times these are the weakest areas in my life.
Pray for me and I'll pray for you.

Love ya

PJ

No comments: