4.26.2009

Pastor

It never fails to humble me when someone calls me pastor. What does it mean to be someone's pastor. Is it a mentor, teacher, shepherd, a father... The meaning probably differs from person to person. Just as the level of commitment will differ from person to person and the level of love. Really it's the same with our relationship with God. We call Him God, Lord, Father and Friend, but our level of Love and commit differs from person to person. To some God is a casual friend, some only know Him as savior, to others He is Lord, still to others He is Father... Oh and check this out it doesn't matter what you call Him. He is what He is to you by what you do. Just like people who call me pastor. Ok I can see I'm losing you so let's try some examples. Some may call me pastor because they hear me preach. Some because they try to do what I preach. To others there is a deep love and relationship. There are some that when correction comes they leave... Offended. I'm not humbled by these instead I'm angered. But then you have those that listen, trust and follow. Why, because of the love, then when correction or instruction comes so does repentance. This touches to the very soul of me, it causes me to repent and draws me ever closer to my Senior Pastor, Jesus Christ. This drawing closer to others and God comes through the tough stuff. Its the good and the bad, the tears and the laughter. It's found in the not letting go and I'm not letting go.

Love ya

PJ

No comments: