5.14.2009

Do as I say... pt1

There is and old saying, "don't do as I do, do as I say".
Recently in our Bible reading we've read two different stories of fathers that had some missed up view points. One was a priest the other a king, both where at the top spot in the nation of Israel. Eli was the high priest that carried more about the ministry then his sons. As I read of the sorry state of Israel in those days. I see a man that on two occasions was more concerned about the ark of the covenant then his sons. This is something we men in ministry have to be on guard against. Men like Eli truly miss the point. The put more love, life and concern into a box covered with gold. Now I hear some of you, "yes but that box represented God". I would say yes you are absolutely correct. It represented God, but you can trust me when I say it was stil a box not GOD. That's one of the mistakes we make, confusing the ministry for our God. Eli did this and it cost him, his family even his life. If ministry is a pretty golden box that causes you to take your attention off your family, you may want to check it!!!
Stay tuned for part 2

Love ya

PJ

No comments: