5.10.2009

MOMS

I am a man with many mothers. I have a mom, a stepmom, mom-in-law and spiritual moms. They're all my mothers; they all love me, care for me, and wish only the best for me. And I love and honor each of them for the major roll they played in my past present and future.
Beverly K Goodman passed away on August 2, almost 12 years ago. She was and still is a shining lady in my heart. She was all that a mother should be. She had her own personal grace and a heart that still, as I think about it, amazes me. I remember her walk, her talk, the way she carried herself. One of the things I miss the most is walking her down the center isle at church on Sunday to her seat. It's funny the things we miss.
Both my mother in law and step mom have helped to fill the emptiness and loss. Dont get me wrong no one will ever replace, but a man will always need a mom. Those that walk through life without allowing someone to fill that place are incomplete. So to both mom Patty and Vic I want to thank you, I love you and you help fill my life and make it what it is.
All my other moms you know who you are. You are those older ladies that help keep me straight. You encourage and correct, your words of wisdom and love often push me forward to a place I could not make it to alone.
To each of you I want to say thank you and I love you.

Love ya,

PJ

No comments: