5.08.2009

Heading Home pt.2

Where was I, ah yes the city by the bay, and being slammed by the rain.
It was our last night in California and we had basically gone full thritle, ninja still all day. It had been and insanily full day and come 9pm my traveling buddies where dropping like flies. Seeing cross eyed with sunburnt faces from hvaing the top down on our convirtable Pt Cruiser was a good sign that if I was going anywhere it would be alone. So I set off for a little bakery I knew about that was open late and was only a few blocks away. At least I thought it was only a few blocks. Anybody that's been down to the wharf knows if your gonna walk anywhere from there its most likely gonna be up hill. So after a few blocks on my uphill trek I quickly came to the conclusion that the canollio wasn't worth it. It's good, but my feet where screaming, ''not that good''. So after little debate with the rest of my body I hooked a left and began my meander back down. The city was hopping with sounds of live music and smells of great food. I heard someone playing live acostic guitar and play the harmonica. There in a small park area was a guys just rock'n out like he was the only person in the world though many had stop to listen. I found my spot about 10 feet away leaning on a pole, I just closed my eyes and drank it in. The bay breeze blowing in my hair, the moment was spiritual... After a long musical intrlude, my personal mistro begin in his hispanic blues style, the story of the sheep and the goats. I was drawn in, great style, great story. Stood there for a half hour or so just drinking in Jesus. As I walked back to my room I thought of all the peps that hate this city for the darkness it represents to them. Then I thought of Jesus and how he met me there. Allot like salvation, Jesus can shine through the darkest, dark, the hardest heart, the grimest situation and shine His light. The question for you and I is... Will you stop and see it.

Love ya

PJ

No comments: