6.24.2009

Heaven's Yes

Proverbs 27 says...
Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Man, that word last night sharpened the sin outta me. Good stuff!!!
So many times when we hear that scripture it brings almost a negative feel to it. To be sharpened would mean to say that I'm not as sharp as I should be and I need others to help me be all I can be... WAA!!!
Really this sharpening should take place often and from all directions. From sermons, mentors, pastors, heck nature, friends, moments and life, all kinds of stuff can sharpen us... If we will let it. Example, last night you would have had to been dead not to be sharpened by the sermon. For those who haven't seen it... It was well... INSANE!!! (Damon Thompson first night at the 220 conference)
Yeah it had an impact... I had a follow up impact right after the sermon, I was talking to a friend, a fellow youth pastor and he brought up a sermon I had preached a few years back at a conference he was hosting. (Pastor Jayson from G-boro NC). Not just the sermon but that time in my life was crazy brutal, in a good way. To be reminded of that moment after the sermon aaahhh... It was like a one, two punch. There is something on the inside, a desire for purity, holiness. It's a desire to be consumed' a desire for the river, for the wind, for the rain, for the fire. I had a vision the other day of the father with large, I mean huge vats of heaven and He was pouring it out on His people as they directed Him through interseccion. So come on lets have heaven poured out, lets consume hell with a double shot from the vats of God and transform a desolate dry place into Heaven. YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH...

Love ya

PJ

1 comment:

Front Row Seating said...

Liquid heaven baby. Me and Marz prayed yesterday that God would pour it out on you guys. Yes.